Saturday, December 12, 2009

Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai....






(the next pic is actually Bangkok on the King's Birthday):


5 comments:

  1. Nice photos! What sort of place are you staying in in Chiang Mai?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a small hostel, it's more than adequate; there are a bunch of them up here as Chiang Mai has increasingly become a place for people to use as a launching pad into the mountains, to take courses (cooking, massage, etc), take elephant rides, etc. So after here I think I'll push on to slightly less visited mountain places, like Pai and Chaing Rai (Rai, not Mai) before crossing over into Laos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good comments about Pai, and I'm thinking of going there this winter. Apparently, there's a couple of waterfalls on the way not to be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karl, I guess you'll be up here in about a month, right? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, i'll arrive in Chiang Mai in January 11th, and i'm really looking forward to it! I have a cooking classes planned, and we'll improvised something to Pai or Chiang Rai as well before going south to Sukhothai and then Koh Tao for scuba diving!

    ReplyDelete